Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ghetto Girl

I had a good seat in my Accounting class, had being past tense, until today. I try to position myself in every class in the center of the room and towards to the front. Sound kind of nerdy but you can see the board better and wont concern yourself with others. I found the third best seat, the first two are taken by old ladies, and I was happy with my placement. The girl who sits next to me I do not want to say is ghetto, but lacks communication skills. I had to listen to "ain't that 'bout a bitch, I gots this shit now, wait what in the hell just happened." My favorite is when she was asking a question to the teacher and found out where she made her mistake and said very loudly "Oh man, see that's where I fucked up at." I just thought wow who says that to a teacher? She does I guess. Just before class we were talking about vocabulary and how to use certain words. I do not believe any of her sayings or choice phrases would have been classified under formal or informal, but rather street slang that needed to stay there.
Now, on Monday I will have to get to class early and get the new best third seat. Am I over reacting or pulling myself away from a negative person in class? I say relocating so I can get the most out of what I am paying to study.

No comments: