Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Faith


So many times I have been asked why I don't attend church on a regular bases. It's not that I don't believe in the Lord or I'm some kind of crazy devil worshiper. Those are not accurate to say at all. I believe when you die you will be judge to see where you will end up. When I was a child my mother and I went to church every Sunday. Yes, a single mother and her only child went to church. So many times that has bothered people in our town. She decided to drive the extra 20 minutes to the next city over so she wouldn't have to deal with people whispering and talking behind our back about things they knew nothing about. One Sunday after everything was finished the pastor told my mom that he did not approve of her ways and she should find another church. To make this short we stopped going because of an ignorant pastor.

Many years later I started to attend a youth group that was affiliated with a popular church in my town. I enjoyed the people and the fun times we were having. One evening during our opening sermon the pastor, who wore jean to try an relate to us, started to gay bash talking about how horrible they where, how they where going to hell, they were scum of the Earth, and they were worthless works of the devil. I was blown back by this because I have a gay uncle. I tried to talk to him after prayer, but he wouldn't have anything to do with. I know being gay is a sin and you are going to hell for it, but their is no need to keep saying this after I ask you to stop. I felt uncomfortable and called my mom to come get me. I never went back, and I think they closed the doors a few months after that.

No comments: