
Do not get me wrong I had a very fun time down in Alabama. I use think it was a place I could retire and live in peace, but I was WRONG! It was great seeing my old friends and making some new ones. I might even plan a return trip once I calm down from this last one, several, several months from now.
You hear stories about how the south is very religious, and has a lot of hospitality. These are both true, the first one more so than the other. Once you start talking about something they don't agree on you will know it. They can go from carving some wood on there porch to fire red willing to fight in four seconds.
I was only teasing people about evolution and they got so mad because I actually thought "we came from Apes." Their exact words were "That's stupid how could you think that. We did not evolve from Apes. God made us perfect from the start." So I jokingly brought up the skeletal remains we have found. They quickly informed me that those were the remains of either "retards or demands." I was blown back from this idea. I could tell that they were getting worked up so I changed the subject.
Someone brought up gays, but they don't use gay they use faggot (most of these conversations took place in a church.) I said what about using "homosexual or gay?" No faggot is what I received on the question. After I asked that they looked at me like I was a gay lover and didn't see anything wrong with it. My view is if you want to be gay then be gay. Gay does mean happy is case people don't know this.
Just when I thought things were as bad as they could get I slipped up and use a curse word. I quickly found out I can use nigger and faggot to degrade others, but not a curse word. This rule is even in effect while in front of children.
I love my friends, and will visit them again sometime. I just now know what to expect and how to act. So if you are taking a trip to the south try to use this a reference or guide before you go.
(I did not use faggot or n****r while I was down there. I don't agree with that.)

No comments:
Post a Comment