Sunday, March 23, 2008

Epic movie


Lies, cover-ups, scandals, affairs, bonds being forged,alliances destroyed, illegitimate and aborted children. Also can't forget the questionable job titles (i.e. farmer, trash man, or construction). This has all the ingredients of a feature motion picture, but sadly enough this is what I am finding out about people I once called family and thought I knew.

Today is Easter Sunday and like normal families we gathered together in one place hid colored eggs for the children to find. I thought I knew these people, but family secrets are kept behind tight lips. If not for my uncle (Mr. Handicap we'll call him) these tales of the dark past wouldn't come to light and probably be buried with the elders. I know somethings are better left unsaid but when they deal with you and what you think you recall happened then the truth is vital. I am confused why now he is leaking them out. Mrs. Giver of life (use your head on that one) is guilty of the same thing. Never secrets about them or things that are relevant to anything, but skeletons in other closets. I feel like what I knew was superficial an act that they were happy to live.

After the whispers of the secrets that were to be suppressed were let out I look at them (my family) and wonder how, why would you let me believe these lies. A burning question in my mind now is who is my biological father and what happened to him. After 24 years finally that conversation came up and the only thing I was told, by my grandmother was "he was an ass. That prick was worthless". Strangely enough she is in complete control of the family and what she says goes. It's the law. Now I question who was he and what happened to him? These are two simple questions that have been answered for years with lies. Close enough that as a child I believed them, but now as an adult far enough away that I question their authenticity.

Now I wonder should I play along with their game of make believe of cut ties and hid just the Easter eggs from today?

No comments: