Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sexual Harassment


I have wanted to post this for the last few days, but I needed some time to pass so I could be as level headed as I possibly could about the situation. I was at work the other day and a lady wanted to exchange something. What's is the problem you might ask? Nothing. The problem was in the dialog that was passed from her to me. In order to exchange something or sell at retail you must scan the bar code or type the sku number in. The lady was twirling her merchandise (panties) around her fingers. I waited for her to stop so I could scan it, but she wouldn't. I asked her "can I have your things so I can ring you out?" She then proceeded to say: "So you want my panties hu? You really want them?" HA HA and I'm saying that in a very dry and sarcastic tone. As if that didn't make things uncomfortable enough she asked me to pick things out for her. I told her that she could hire a personal shopper if she needed assistance or advice on what to pick out. She didn't like that idea because as she out it "I would want you to pick it because you would take it off of me." By this time I have not looked up from the computer screen because I felt VERY uncomfortable. Usually I don't mind people being crazy but this was creepy! But wait she wasn't finished. She then told me that "You could take them off with your teeth." By this time I have lost all respect for her and trying as quickly as possible to ring her up and get her out of the store. I felt humiliated, disgusted, mortified and dirty. 
I was shopping for a suit the other day and a lady helped me in the suit department. No problems, but I wonder does she ever get nasty things said to her? I'm going to assume no but I could be wrong. I guess move on and I hope I don't cross paths with that lady. 

No comments: