
The other day I was on the driving range trying to have time to myself, but that is never likely to happen. I went through my first bucket and checked my phone to see how much time I had remaining before I had to go to work. I saw I had a txt from my mom telling me she had news about one of my friends since fourth grade. Keeping in mind that I have not heard about him or talked to him in close to a year. I nervously txted her back is it good or bad? I was replied with "can I call" knowing this is never good a thing I told her I would call her after I finished my bucket. It turns out my friend Scott Reedy robbed a gas station. She then tried to insert comments his mom told her such as "he wants help...he has asked for help but turned down." Okay a quick run down he was kicked out of the Marine Corps, he has been in prison before and he also only asks for help when he is in trouble. He has gotten into trouble more times than this but I refuse to go into greater detail. He also has a child and his girlfriend has also be in and out of jail too.
Another friend Chad Rhinesmith dropped out of school in the 10th grade. Well this is what happened. He convinced his dad that the reason for his poor grades was because the teachers had it in for him. So he was taking home schooling for a few months and then just stopped. This equals dropping out. Now he is addicted to any pain killers her can get his hands on.
I do have one more but this is just upsetting that people I called friends are throwing their life away to drugs.
I know I dropped names but they dropped our friendship.

No comments:
Post a Comment