Thursday, June 5, 2008

3rd person


I am not the most proficient person when it comes to grammar rules, and those who are close to me, or frequently read my blog know this. However, I do try to be as correct as possible. If I am wrong on a rule or I am misusing a word I will try to make a mental note and not use it incorrectly again. The reason for this blog is a question: "When did it become okay to put your name ina story you are telling?" As a joke fine, but when you are actually having a conversation (serious or formal) I am going to go with NEVER. You look and sound like a fool when you do. I guess the same people who said "Yes, brown and black CAN be worn together" teamed up with the third person rule people and changed the rules over night. I am going to try an attempt to be completely repulsive and coy. (1b: if you click the link you'll know what I mean.)


*This is me telling the story to you as Joe Kavalier (narrator and person.) If you know who Joe Kavalier is then you are awesome.


I Joe Kavalier sat outside a bead of sweat started to form on Joe Kavalier's forehead. Joe Kavalier sat there thinking to Joe Kavalier's self "Wow Joe Kavalier is hot and it is hot outside." What should Joe Kavalier do he asks Joe Kavalier. I think I Joe Kavalier will go inside to stop this sweating that is taking place on my Joe Kavalier's forehead. After going inside Joe Kavalier had to sit down because Joe Kavalier is hot and tired. In Joe Kavalier's old age he doesn't get very much exercise.


This of course is an extreme example, but take warning to it. Because as foolish as it was to read this it is even more foolish to sound like this!


**The picture is from downtown Chicago at Millennium Park.

No comments: