Saturday, October 4, 2008

Orion the constellation


It is my opinion that Orion, and I mean MINE because this is my blog, is the most searched for constellation. I don't know why. Maybe because it is the easiest, most distinctive, or it might be that everyone has their own story about it. The store I was taught is that the one you are about to read. 
This might take a little imagination and luck to find all of the star constellations, but it's fun. When you find Orion look to the left of him he is accompanied by his faithful dog (Canis Major). Up and to the right you should be able to make out a faint V shape that is the a bull (Taurus). If you keep moving right you should see a cluster of seven stars. 
The simple story is that Orion the hunter, with his dog, is battling the bull to win the affection of the Seven Sisters. 
Plain and simple hu?! 
**The picture has all of them except the seven sisters, but I swear it exists. 

No comments: