Monday, August 10, 2009
Relationships.... New outlook
If and when people read this some might think that I'm a horrible person and my moral values and beliefs needed to be in check. I use to think that in a relationship that having money or having a nice financial background was an important thing. I now know this to be a very false idea. How I define a relationship and all the steps before is different than a lot of people so I'll try and simplify it. A relationship to me is serious. Like the final step or steps to getting married. Well not married but you are committed and not seeing what's out there anymore. Dating is when you're kind of serious but still keeping your options open. Finally talking to me means that you are doing just that, talking. Nothing really serious, you hang out or not hang out. You can be active or not. No big deal. I was in the taking stages with someone who fit my old criteria. Smart, attractive, and financially stable. I thought this was enough. NOPE! I was wrong. I couldn't stand to be around them to the point that I wanted to get physically sick. I would think "Oh it's okay," which I know now as dumb. What I have taken from this experience is I would rather continue schooling and make my own bank account then rely on someone. My new outlook it date for compatibility and feelings and not obligations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment