Thursday, July 2, 2009

Out of Touch

I think the single greatest thing to happen to humanity was the industrial revolution. It opened the door way too so many ways of life, some that we still don't know about. Yes, I know it happened in the late 18th century. However, did you know we had two? The second one not as "hyped" as the first but still important. People were able to get on a STEAM powered train or boat and travel to far off distance places.Which led to people meeting other outside of their village. We now live in a much more fast paced time. We can open our laptop or turn on our desktop and be instantly connected to any place in the world. See a family member or friend in real time even if they are in Australia and you're in America.
What I'm getting at is we rely on electronics so much that someone can be easily forgotten and deleted out of someones life and not even know it. A simple click of the mouse or tap on a cell phone button and you're gone. It happened to me and I didn't even know it until..... Well I actually don't know when it happened because I don't know when they wanted to click me out of their life.

No comments: